Overnight Train - Cairo to Aswan

Part of the tour was to catch the overnight train from Cairo to Aswan. This was a great experience & I must say I was impressed. The train definitely wasn't luxury but I had been expecting the worse. We stayed in two person cabins which had two bunk beds, a sink and room to stretch. We all decided on an easy night and after a quick drink in the club car it was off to the room for dinner & a good sleep.

A few days before our train ride I said I would give anything for a steak with pepper sauce, & what do you think they severed us for dinner that night? Steak with pepper sauce! I wasn't sure if the trip could get any better. I sat my tasty little dinner roll to the side & prepared myself for the feast that lay ahead. I carved off the biggest slice & took a big bite into the juicy steak. "Oh my god, it's f*#king off ", I said as I spat that little sucker across the dinner plate. How is it that the Egyptians can preserve a human body for 5000 years but they can't keep a small piece of meat OK for a few days? I can still taste that steak today when I think about it. Needless to say all I had for dinner that night was the stale little dinner roll.

I must say though, I had one of the best sleeps ever on that train. It was just a gentle rocking back & forth with the repetitious click, click..........click, click...........click, click.